Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Days 4,5,6 and 7 - this blogging thing is tough

Well....I suppose it's a good thing that the one commitment I didn't make (but probably should have) was to write every single day. I'd hate to fall off the wagon this early in my adventure.

But the good news is, that over this weekend, I actually took some time to......rest. I put in some serious couch time. That dent over there on the left by the pillows? Yep, that's me. I was just plain tired. Tired in a way that if I sat down for more than a few minutes, I was gone. Heaven help me if I laid down. So...I did the unthinkable and I rested. I watched a little TV (adios, Monk), but more the inside of my eyelids than anything.

We also got some great family time in - finished all the Christmas decorations outside (inside was done last week), went to see a beautiful light display, made a big pancake breakfast, wrote a few cards, watched a funny movie with my oldest, and planned his birthday party. (OK, in hindsight, I suppose I did a little more than rest....but that was in there, too). I took time in church to close my eyes, breathe deeply and just be...I went to the library and got some books I am really looking forward to reading. Good stuff. The stuff weekends should be made of.

This week? Well, I am recommitting to being aware of what I am putting into my body. I haven't been lately and it unfortunately shows. But it's a brand new start and a brand new day and at the end of it, it has been pretty well spent - so at the end of today, I am pretty proud of myself. I done good.

And all that rest? Well, hopefully it will come in handy as the next 3 working days for me start at 4 AM. I do commit to shutting down the computer and getting on with my real life by mid-afternoon. So...now I lay me down to sleep...and going to bed early, well, that's one more notch in my 365 belt.

G'night and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment